Monday 19 April 2010

Hannah Hedman


This is work by Hannah Hedman. Almost all is from her "Enough tears for two" series. Each piece is so carfeully constructed yet is almost seems like a collection of old used found objects glued together. I love the dark patina of the metal and the aggressive edges. Her work to me seems like a dreamscape, beautifully formed in another world..




She states, "Human weaknesses and underlying defense mechanisms are often themes that recur in my work. I try to keep an open attitude to methods and materials as I find my way to new techniques, combinations and approaches, but simultaneously always strongly rooted to the past".



Materials used are oxidised silver, powder coated copper, paint, synthetic fibre and a technique of electroforming.

No comments:

Post a Comment